Volunteers are an essential part of what we do at Four Seasons. We could not meet the needs of our community without the invaluable services provided by our Volunteers. There are a variety of different ways to get involved and give back.
Patient & Family Support Volunteer Opportunities
Caregiver Respite in Home Care Setting
- Visit assigned patient/family on a scheduled basis for companionship and emotional support.
- Stay with a patient to provide respite for caregivers for up to three-hour shifts once a week.
Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities
- Visit assigned patient on a weekly basis.
- Provide socialization and supportive presence for patients residing in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Perform tasks to ensure comfort and care in a homelike environment.
- Provide emotional support, companionship, and assistance to patients as appropriate.
- Assist with meals, help stock linen closets, and keep common areas tidy.
- Assist staff by answering patient call bells and visitor questions as needed.
Transportation & Errands
- Run errands for assigned patient on an as needed basis.
- Transport assigned patient to medical appointments, etc.
- Visit assigned patients in facilities.
- Visit patients at Elizabeth House.
- Pet therapy animals must be trained, registered and insured.
- Visit patients in home care settings and provide haircuts to patients on an as needed basis.
- All Hair Stylist Volunteers must have appropriate licensure/certification as required by North Carolina state law.
Bereavement Client Care
- Make monthly check-in phone calls to bereavement clients.
- Visit bereaved clients to provide emotional support and social interaction.
We Honor Veterans
- Connect veteran patients with veteran volunteers
- Assist in honoring our veteran patients with a Pinning Ceremony
Agency Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Provide office support in one of our administrative offices.
- Administrative tasks may include copying, filing, data entry, mailings, making phone calls, etc.
Facilities & Maintenance
- Deliver paper goods and supplies at one of our offices
- Assist with light handiwork and maintenance jobs
- Serve in a fun, team-oriented retail environment in downtown Hendersonville.
- Help to receive, price, and sort donations.
- Work on the sales floor as a cashier or help to keep the store neat, clean, and well stocked.
- Bake homemade goodies for special events throughout the year.
- Sew, Knit or crochet a variety of different comfort items and quilts for patients.
Gardening at Elizabeth House
- Help maintain Elizabeth House gardens by weeding, dead-heading, and mulching.
- Fill bird feeders and clean bird houses as needed.
Greeting at Elizabeth House
Greet and welcome visitors in the front lobby of Elizabeth House; orient family and visitors to the facility.
Hospitality Team at Elizabeth House
Make homemade goodies 1 – 2 times per month to share with Elizabeth House patients, families, and staff from an old-fashioned tea cart.
Decorate Elizabeth House seasonally for holidays.
Faith & Community Friends
Serve as the hospice representative within their congregation and to the local community.
Ensure awareness and understanding of hospice services and how to access hospice care.
Special Events, Fundraising, Community Outreach
Help staff special events and fundraising events throughout the year.
Assist with prep work leading up to the event.
Serve on committees to plan, organize, and facilitate events.
Visit assigned nursing home or assisted living facility as scheduled.
Help lead group resident activities such as bingo, art, music.
For more information on Volunteer Opportunities with Four Seasons, please call our Volunteer Department at (828) 692-6178.