For those suffering or anticipating the loss of a loved one, our Bereavement Services can offer emotional support.
To cope with a pending or recent loss, you are invited to request individual grief counseling for yourself or other family members in a setting of your choice. Individual counseling is free of charge to hospice patients’ families, while palliative care patients’ family or community members pay a small sliding scale fee based on income.
- Not certain if individual counseling is for you? Consider this checklist.
- Worried about a grieving child? Children and teens can receive counseling through the Heart Songs program. For more information, please call Susan Bumgarner at 828-233-0334.
- Download our Bereavement Brochure here: Inside of Brochure Outside of Brochure
- Download our Hope After Loss Brochure here: Hope After Loss
Additional Bereavement Support Options
The first year following a loss is the most difficult for many persons, so during that time you’ll receive occasional mailings and phone calls inviting you to attend bereavement support groups or grief workshops. Additionally, you may borrow materials from our grief library, or choose resources from this Recommended Reading List. Of course, you may also decline services at any time. Should you choose to reach out to us at a later date, simply call (828) 692-6178 to initiate the services you need.
Support Groups & Workshops
Facilitated by grief counselors, participative support groupsoffer a confidential and comfortable environment in which participants may share their grief experiences with others. Each adult support group meets for six sessions; Heart Songs offers separate groups for children and their parents in the 7-session support group, Life in Forward Transition (LIFT).
Educational workshops are primarily informational programs. Attendees may watch a video, hear a bereavement counselor speak about specific grief topics, or ask questions. Monthly workshops include “Grief 101” and “Moving On.”For more information on Four Seasons Bereavement Services, please call
(828) 692-6178 or email Mark Neville, Director of Counseling Services, at mneville@FourSeasonsCFL.org.